If you have an old clunker sitting around and have been considering upgrading, you’ve probably wondering what you should do with your current car. Instead of selling it on Craigslist or calling the garbage dump, consider donating it! Not convinced? Read on to learn the top five reasons to donate a car in the New Brunswick, NJ region.
- Tax deductions. Did you know that donating your car to charity can count as a tax deduction? It’s true! You can deduct the value of the car you donated from your taxes. In the summertime, taxes are probably the last thing on your mind, but you’ll be happy you did when they sneak up on you.
- It’s better for safety. If your car is having engine issues, it can be dangerous to drive it in the summer. This is because the high temperatures and humidity can cause the engine to overheat, potentially posing a safety hazard to your family.
- Free towing. If your car is less drivable and has been sitting in your yard, you can get rid of the eyesore for free by donating! The American Children’s Society, Inc. will send over a towing vehicle for you, so all you need to worry about is scheduling your pickup.
- Get a deal on a new car. If you’re considering getting rid of your vehicle for an upgrade, planning for when you’ll purchase your new car is a great summer activity. As the 2018 models start to be unveiled in early fall, you can snatch up a good deal on 2017 or earlier models in the late summer.
- Give back to your community. The best reason to donate a car is to help local children who need your help. Donating your cars to help kids in New Jersey will give you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside that money simply can’t buy.
If you wish to learn more about donating your vehicle for a good cause, contact our friendly staff here at American Children’s Society, Inc. to learn more.