American Children’s Society, Inc. allows you to donate a car in NJ or PA to benefit kids with cancer and other ailments. If you have been thinking of getting a new car, your old one will make a good donation candidate. That being said, here is a list of new cars to consider that are ideal for families. It’s not uncommon for any of these cars to last you over 200,000 miles if you take proper care of them:
- Toyota Corolla – Toyota’s are known for their longevity, and the Corolla is a very popular family-friendly model because it is spacious, safe, and gets good gas milage. They are also great starter cars that you can purchase used for young drivers when they are ready to get their license (and first car.) The newer models are all sedans, and they come with a touch-screen display and navigation and Bluetooth compatibility, so you won’t have to risk a potential accident by using your phone to navigate or talk into.
- Hyundai Elantra – Elantras have always been underrated cars, but in 2010 they exploded onto the scene due to their new designs and higher quality components. Hyundais also come with a 100K mile warranty, and similar to Corollas, new ones can be purchased for under $20,000. The least expensive model gets 29/38 MPG City/Hwy, which is great for parents that frequently drive to work, school, and extracurricular activities.
- Ford Taurus – Whether you want a pre-owned 2007 Taurus or a brand new one, you can count on it being durable (hence why you see so many from all years on the road still.) Plus, these cars can comfortably fit five people, which is great if your kid(s) invite a friend along for the road trip.
- Subaru Legacy – This midsize sedan comes with many modern features, and their handling is known to be top of the line.
- Chevrolet Impala – The new Impala’s have a 5-star safety score and optional 4G LTE Wi-Fi connectivity that supports up to seven phones at a time.
- Honda Accord – Last [but not least] we have the Accord, which has been a leading family car for decades. These cars really know how to maintain their value over time.
Note: These are only a half dozen of the longest lasting vehicles. There are many other incredible makes and models that are great investments for your family. After you buy that new car, we suggest you donate your old one (even if it’s not working.) Your can help raise money and awareness for cancer and other important causes. To donate a vehicle near Philadelphia, PA, Newark, NJ, and everywhere in between, call 888-776-4038 today! Thanks a lot, and have an incredible day!