At The American Children’s Society, we provide support to children and their families who are experiencing life-threatening diseases, like cancer and other illnesses. These families are in dire need of healthcare assistance, and they can also face significant transportation barriers involved in getting to doctor’s appointments, hospital visits, and other destinations. Continue reading
Have you ever wondered if you buy new vehicles the same way that everyone else does? A new survey from Autotrader.com and reported by CBS News has revealed what car buyers look for when shopping for their next ride. This survey indicates that the times and tech are changing the way we purchase cars! Whether they’re selling, trading, or donating a car to charity in NJ, most drivers on the hunt are looking for the latest technology.
In past years, automobile buying guides have found that Americans are usually loyal to their favorite brand. Whether it’s a Ford truck or a luxury Mercedes, buyers were much more likely to purchase a car that was the same brand as their previous model. However, a record 56% of Americans said that the most important factors they were considering when purchasing a vehicle were the technology and entertainment features.
Among the most popular advancements, Bluetooth compatibility was the most sought-after, with 31% of those surveyed stating that it was the most important factor that would influence their final decision. Other popular tech must-haves included rearview cameras (15%), heated seats and steering wheels (9%), and GPS navigation (4%).
Americans are so in love with their technology that they’re even willing to stray from their favorite brands to get the additional features that they want. A whopping 48% of survey participants said that having the latest technology in their new car was more important than both the brand of the car as well as the model. This means that nearly half of Americans would be willing to switch from an SUV to a sedan or vice versa if the competing model had the technology they wanted.
Are you looking to upgrade an old car or truck and embrace a new high-tech ride? Do some good and consider making an NJ car donation when you get rid of your old car! You’ll get to drive off with the features you want and the joy that comes along with knowing you’re helping kids in need! Call the American Children’s Society, Inc. today at 888-776-4038 to get started!
Now that 2018 has officially arrived, everyone is beginning to get ready for the most dreaded time of the year: tax season.
Though your taxes aren’t officially due until April 17 this year, the smartest consumers start to get their paperwork in order as soon as possible so they’ll have plenty of time to maximize their deductions.
There are a number of secret tax deductions that many filers miss out on because they don’t know that they qualify. Read on to learn about three deductions that you may qualify for this year.
- Learning beyond college. Though most people know that the IRS offers a number of tax benefits for college students, not many know that there are also continued education benefits that don’t discriminate based on age. The Lifetime Learning credit can provide you with up to $2,000 per year if you spend over $10,000 annually after high school increasing your education.
- Travel for interviews. Losing your job can be difficult, and it can be even more difficult to come up with the money to cover expenses related to finding a new one. While you won’t be able to write off that new suit or pair of pumps as a business expense, you can deduct the cost of travel to and from job interviews for a new position at the IRS’s 2017 rate of 53.5 cents per mile. While this might not seem like a lot, those miles can add up quickly, especially if you’ve been unemployed for more than a few months.
- Charitable donations. Your charitable donations don’t need to be cash for you to make a deduction! If you made an NJ car donation in 2017 to a registered non-profit such as American Children’s Society, Inc., you can deduct the Kelly Blue Book value of the vehicle from your income when filing.
It’s never too early to start thinking about your taxes or how much good you could do with a simple donation to a great cause. If you’re interested learning more about how you can donate a car to charity in NJ, we encourage you to give our team at American Children’s Society, Inc. a call at 888-776-4038.
If you’re feeling the holiday spirit this winter, you might be considering spreading the seasonal cheer with an NJ car donation to help out those less fortunate. But with so many donation options to choose from, how can you decide which is the best charity to donate your new or used vehicle to?
This season, our tow truck services at American Children’s Society, Inc. to help those in need and give yourself a little gift come tax time as well!
One of the little-known ways to maximize your return when making a car donation is to choose a service that owns their own towing trucks instead of hiring out contractors to do the dirty lifting. This is because when our team handles the cost of towing, you will be allowed to claim the full Kelley Blue Book value when it comes to writing off the cost of your vehicle as a charitable donation.
We at American Children’s Society, Inc. are proud to say that we handle all of our own towing needs, and pass those savings along to you when it comes time to write up your annual tax report.
We are the only car donation charity in the Tri-State area that provides in-house towing for our donations, making the American Children’s Society, Inc. the best place to donate a car. Not to mention that when you choose us for your donation, your money goes to helping sick children and their families recover from cancer.
Now is the perfect time to get into the giving mood and learn more about the benefits of donating your car, truck, boat or SUV to the American Children’s Society, Inc. To learn more about our towing services or our mission, feel free to give us a call today at 888-776-4038 to get started.
Did you know that you can donate more than just money to help a worthy cause? At the American Children’s Society, Inc., we pride ourselves on making it simple and easy to help kids in need. This why we’ve recently expanded our donation options to include more than just cars!
Read on to learn more about the different vehicles that you can now donate to the American Children’s Society, Inc.
- If you have a camper that’s just sitting on your property and collecting dust, why not donate it? We’re now accepting donations of all types of recreational vehicles so you’ll be able to clear out more of your yard or garage while knowing that your donation will go to help children suffering from cancer.
- They say that a man has two happiest days in his life: the day he buys a boat, and the day he finally gets rid of it! If you no longer have the time, money or resources to continue taking care of your boat, why not jump straight to the second happiest day of your life by donating your boat? You won’t have to deal with the constant and expensive upkeep anymore, and your boat will be going to a cause you support.
- Of course, you’re still welcome to donate a car in NJ to the American Children’s Society, Inc. Wel offer our pickup services and accept vehicles of all makes and models. If you want your NJ car donation to go towards helping fight cancer, the American Children’s Society, Inc. should be your go-to option.
What sets our donation program apart from the rest is that we do not use a middleman for towing since we have our own tow trucks. We use the car donations as part of our charitable programs thereby allowing the donor to receive the full Kelley Blue Book private party value (the highest value allowed by the IRS). We are the only charity in the Tri-State area that does this.
As the year comes to a close and vehicle manufacturers of all types start to put out end-of-the-year savings, consider embracing the holiday spirit by donating your used RV, boat or car to kids in need. Contact us today by calling 888-776-4038 to get started!